Reporting To: Catering Manager
Employment Contract: Linked to Commercial contract
Main Purpose of the job
The senior cook will manage culinary areas within the kitchen operation, implement menu and concepts. The senior cook will also lead the culinary team through mentoring and coaching and scheduling staff.
Education and experience required:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Cook in a contract catering environment is essential
- Professional Cookery or Culinary Arts qualification is essential
- Matric is essential
- Experience supervising a team is essential
- Experience in a Hotel environment will be an advantage.
Knowledge, Skills, and Competencies:
- Knowledge of and compliance with food safety standards.
- Customer service and communications skills
- Contribute to effective teamwork
- In-depth skills and knowledge of all kitchen operations
- Possess strong leadership, communication, organization and relationship skills
- Experience with training, basic financial management, and customer service
- Proficient in general computer knowledge
- A true desire to exceed guest expectations in a fast-paced customer service environment
- Capable of producing a consistent product in a timely manner
- Strong training and communication skills
- Culinary education and/or on the job training, independent restaurant experience is preferred
Key areas of responsibilities:
- Will be the liaison between all dining room operations and culinary staff
- Supervise the preparation and cooking of various food items
- Develop and implement creative menu items within the restaurant concept
- Plan, coordinate & implement special events and holiday functions
- May manage other key culinary leadership roles including supervisor and other less senior Sous Chefs
- Lead and coach the team towards achieving exceptional client service and employee satisfaction results
- Monitor food production, ordering, cost, and quality and consistency on a daily basis
Compass Group Southern Africa is committed to transformation and operates within the scope of the Employment Equity Act and related legislation. Preference will be given to candidates supporting the Equity and Economically Active Population targets. We are under no obligation to contact or provide feedback to the applicants.
Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not receive communication within 2 weeks from closing date.
Kindly note that your CV will be entered into a Talent Pool and that we may contact you for future opportunities.