Main purpose of the job
The successful applicant will be responsible for overseeing smooth operation of kitchen production, maintain consistency in all menu items and assist with monitoring inventory and communicating needs to the catering manager.
Education and experience required:
- Matric is essential
- Relevant tertiary qualification in food and beverage services or culinary arts is compulsory
- Minimum 2 Years experience of progressive/kitchen management is compulsory
- Experience with stock control, ordering and receiving
Knowledge Skills and Competencies required:
- Knowledge of the catering environment ranging from fine dining to resturant dining
- Knowledge of South African and industry specific laws
- Management Skills
- Communication Skills
- Computer literate.
Key areas of responsibilities:
- Oversee smooth opertation of kitchen production
- Maintain consistency for all menu items
- Assist with monitoring inventory and communicating needs to the catering manager
Compass Group Southern Africa is committed to transformation and operates within the scope of the Employment Equity Act and related legislation. Preference will be given to candidates supporting the Equity and Economically Active Population targets.
Kindly note that your CV will be entered into a Talent Pool and that we may contact you for future opportunities.